Cognitive Therapeutics Method™
The Cognitive Therapeutics Method (CTM) is a patent-pending cognitive stimulation program developed by the scientific division of Home Care Assistance. The program aims to improve quality of life by promoting brain health through personalized, one-on-one activities that engage all cognitive domains.
CTM activities were developed by our expert team based on scientific research on non-pharmacological interventions for cognitive decline. They are consistently updated to reflect the latest findings and best practices. These activities target a wide array of cognitive domains including memory, executive functioning, attention, language, and visual spatial perception, as well as some non-cognitive domains.
The activities have varying levels of difficulty making the program appropriate for all clients, from those who are not yet affected by cognitive impairment to those with more severe symptoms.
The activities are designed to be fun and stimulating. The focus of the program is not on getting the “right” answer, but on engaging and reasoning. Implementing the program one-on-one in the comfort of home allows clients to function optimally by avoiding the confusion and distress that come with an unfamiliar environment.
We have two options to best fit your needs
Home Care with CTM
- Home Care Assistance caregivers can promote mental stimulation through CTM activities in addition to providing basic home care, including cooking, light housekeeping, driving, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Engagement with CTM activities provides an opportunity for clients and caregivers to strengthen their relationships.
CTM Cognitive Activities
- Clients who do not need assistance with activities of daily living can still receive CTM services in their homes from our trained specialists.
- This program encompasses a wider variety of activities, addressing not only cognition, but also coping strategies, sensory engagement, social skills, recreation, exercise and diet.
- We build a weekly routine with hours typically ranging from 3 to 10 hours per week, depending on client needs.